Saturday 17 November 2007

Week 5: Skeleton development



Because we had decided that in our environment we were going to have a skeleton in the beginning scene, I had been allocated the task to model the skeleton. I got a template to use as a guideline, so that it would come out relatively realistic. I started of modelling the pelvis which was made initially by a polygon cube, I brought out the vertices to make it not look so flat.




The next section I modelled was the leg. Using the same techniques as I did with the pelvis, I was able to resemble a knee within the leg. The leg actually proved to be quite hard to model, especially when you are trying to make it look realistic at all 360 degree angles.



Later on in the week I had realised that we had decided to have the skeleton with clothes on, so I really didn't need to model a whole skeleton. I just need to model the head,hands and feet so even though I wont be using this model at least it was good modelling practice!

No comments: