Tuesday 13 November 2007

week 4: Layout and prop design



LAYOUT PLAN

We have all allocated different sections of the environment to do. I have been allocated the first scene to do which is the old woman’s house when you first meet our main character. I have done a quick sketch of how I perceived the inside of the house to be like mainly focusing on the props.




To help me envision a more realistic view of the house, I went on the Internet to look at particular props that I could see fitting into the space in which I was designing.

PROPS PLAN




This is rough sketches of the props that I have planned to make to put into Jeff's environment. It was mainly a plan of how i would actually go about making them in Maya.
SMALL TABLE



I particularly liked this coffee table, so I designed it in Maya. I was quite pleased with the results. After I had modelled the table Sam had shown me the basic principles of texturing and bump mapping. This texture was made in Adobe Photoshop. Sam and I had worked out the best tools in which to make a convincing wood texture.


FIREPLACE

This is the start of my modeling for the fireplace. I have started of by using a polygon cube, and by using the tools on the mesh taskbar I was able to manipulate the cube.





I tried to make it look more three dimensional here, by pulling out verticies, so that when the texture was mapped over it, it will compliment it.


At this point I was trying to establish groves in this particular part of the fireplace.

When I had finished modelling I added the textures, with Sam's tutorial I was able to successfully texture map my fireplace. I also used some lighting that would substitute a fire, which I think has worked really well. I showed the guys the finished product and they also seem pretty pleased with it so I have now exported it into Jeff's environment.

CUPBOARD


This is a screenshot of the cupboard that I have made to put inside Jeff's environment. Its just a basic simple model as it will hardly be seen at all in the scene.

No comments: